Should You Use Your Facebook Login To Create New Accounts?

I’ve been helping an artist friend of mine get her art uploaded to internet sites marketing.

She asked me what it means when she is invited to create and account for a website using her Facebook login.

I have run into this also, and have been meaning to look into it.  (When in doubt, I don’t do it.)

Here is the info I found on logging in using our Facebook login.  I’m glad I finally looked into it.
I appears that in some cases, an app company is just trying to streamline the account set up process for us so we don’t have to fill out another form and they don’t have to create a form to fill out.
In other cases, the company may be harvesting information about you and posting commercials to your wall.
The bottom line is that you need to take the time to read the agreements and choose carefully.
Below are two articles that explain the options.

I clicked on the Facebook’s Application Settings screen link in the second article to check my settings.
Here is how it looks.  They are all sites that I trust.

App Settings

You have authorized these apps to interact with your Facebook account:
  • Yelp

• WordPress.com

June 1

• AWeber Email Marketing

July 8

• Facebook Platform Opt In

More than 6 months ago
    I probably will not be using my facebook login to create new accounts in the future, but if I do, I will read the fine print first.
    I always appreciate your questions.  I love doing research and keeping “up to speed.”

7 comments for “Should You Use Your Facebook Login To Create New Accounts?

1. January 17, 2013 at 8:54 am

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article seem to be running off
    the screen in Ie. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I’d
    post to let you know. The layout look great though! Hope you get
    the problem solved soon. Kudos
    Click On this page
    and click the next internet page
    and Click In this article
    and also click the following internet site

• November 2, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Hi Krisopher.
      Thanks for the input.
      I imagine it is a browser issue.
      I just post the material and WordPress does its thing.
      Glad you are watching out for me.
      Thanks again,
      Mardi

2. March 19, 2014 at 6:11 am

Superb internet site you’ve gotten in here.

• March 21, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Thank you Glen! I really appreciate the compliment. You made my day.

3. May 24, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Thanks on your marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed
    reading it, you happen to be a great author.I will make certain to bookmark your blog and may come back someday.
    I want to encourage one to continue your great posts, have a nice holiday weekend!

• June 5, 2014 at 10:56 am

Thank you very much. I’m so glad you find it helpful. I’m here to serve.
      All the best,
      Mardi

• June 10, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Thank you! How kind of you to comment. I’m glad you find it helpful.
      All the best,