One of my services is consulting with people to help them choose the best computer or gadget for their individual needs. So much frustration can be avoided by buying the right product in the first place, and I have already test-driven quite a few of them in order to pave the way for others to have a more pleasant experience. See my previous posts for the gruesome details. LOL
Here are the questions I use for my consultations. Please forward this to your friends and relatives so they will have it when they are considering a computer or gadget purchase. They will thank you for it.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer, Blue Ray ROM/Writer, etc ?
12. Please tell me about the brands that you prefer and the brands that you don’t like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell me any additional information if needed.
Additionally… you should consider available support options in your area. If you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?