Are you thinking about doing any techie projects?
Many of my students call me because they need help with a project of some kind and I love seeing the interesting things that people in our age group are doing with modern technology.
Sometimes we get started on a project on a computer or mobile device and become so frustrated that we just want to give up. Yep, it’s happened to me too! : (
Often this is caused by not choosing the right tool for the job. We start with the apps that come with the computer or tablet without considering that there might be other options that could make it “simple, easy and fun.”
I want you to know that you (and the people you care about) are welcome to call or email me for a complimentary consultation before you launch a project so I can help you get started on the right foot.
Some of my students have:
- written books and screenplays (two of them used an iPad instead of a computer)
- learned how to use spreadsheets to keep track of golf groups and party invitations
- made collections of photos and archived them for their family members
- set up groups in their contacts to send broadcast emails and print mailing labels
Sometimes they start with the wrong tools and by the time they reach out to me, they have wasted tons of time and are extremely frustrated:
- An author had written a book with his iPad and was starting to have trouble because parts of it were written in different apps and it was causing problems with formatting the final draft.
- A woman was going to type addresses in a mailing labels template instead of in a spreadsheet or address book app that can rearrange the list alphabetically after new contacts are added. (Fortunately, she called me before she was too far along.)
- A business owner was planning to send broadcast emails without using a service that would ensure that emails get opened rather than being flagged as spam.
There’s nothing wrong with making mistakes! Mistakes are an integral part of learning and I admire people in our age group who are willing to jump in and try new things but I want to make it a smoother road for you, so feel free to consult with me first so you can select the best app or hardware.
I’m always happy to answer your questions and, if someone you care about is embarking on a project that involves technology, invite them to check-in with me too.
Email me to schedule a complimentary consultation